Friday, June 30, 2017

How To Effortlessly Transform Your Work/Life Balance

It's Undeniable That Mothers Are Expert Jugglers

One of the most difficult aspects of being a mother is juggling all your roles inside and outside the home. Most mothers juggle the role of cleaner, cook, financial planner, financial budgeter, carer, professional, social organiser, school mediator/advocate, hairdresser, first aid officer and so on. It’s clear to see why many mothers find it difficult to live ‘in the moment’ and to stop thinking about all the tasks they have to undertake throughout the day. Of course, many partners are providing wonderful support for mothers, however, in general, mothers are still managing a great deal of the household and professional chores.

Getting Organised is the key

Being organised with the requirements of each role is vital in order to function and feel as though you are succeeding as a mother. For instance, if you are working outside the home, or have a home based business, simplifying your life and committing to being very well organised will ensure your life runs much more smoothly. It will also increase the amount of quality time you have available to give those you love most.

One of the major keys to reducing guilt in motherhood is allocating time for things you love (like playing with your children) and in those moments ensuring you are 100% fully present in the ‘moment’. Engaging more fully in the moment will in turn heighten your awareness of all the great things you are achieving throughout your day and hence will reduce the guilt associated with striving to ‘do it all’ as the perfect mum.

In order to manage all your roles, take some time to organise your home and work spaces, so you can transition more effortlessly from one role to the next. Ask yourself the following questions:


  • Do I have a list of all the roles I am participating in within the home and outside the home?
  • Do I have a clear space at home for my work items?
  • Have I organised my home to be able to find what I need, when I’m in a hurry?
  • Have I set aside specific times/days for particular jobs/projects
  • Do I need any external help with tasks I never seem to be able to undertake and if so, can I afford to pay for this outside help?
  • How can I best switch off mentally from work when I arrive home?
  • Have I allocated time for the things I love?
  • Do I have what I need at home to prepare healthy meals?
  • Have I dedicated time to play with the children?


Excerpt from Perfect Mum: How To Survive The Emotional Rollercoaster of Motherhood

By gaining perspective on your life, you become much better organised and create an easy to manage work and life balance.



Lizzie O'Halloran, BBSc, MASR, NLP Prac
Personal Development Coach & Author
Help For Mums
Giving Busy Mums Peace of Mind & Permission to Be Imperfect
C/o Happy Life, PO Box 317, Prahran VIC 3181
E: lizzie.ohalloran@happylife.net.au
W: www.helpformums.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/happiness_for_new_mums/
https://www.instagram.com/happiness_for_new_mums/

No comments:

Post a Comment